Tourism Ireland’s new campaign set to ‘win hearts’ across the US!
Tourism Ireland’s new ‘Fill your heart with Ireland’ campaign is going live across the United States today (3 April).
The campaign is all about celebrating the different ways in which the island of Ireland fills the hearts of our visitors and of locals – and inviting potential holidaymakers to come and experience those for themselves. It’s an advocacy-led campaign – with the advocates, or personalities starring in the ads, sharing their favourite things that fill their heart with Ireland and dialling up what differentiates Ireland from other destinations.
The multi-channel campaign will run from today in key American gateway cities and priority areas, to reach and engage audiences with the highest potential to consider travelling here. It will run on TV, digital and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok) and will deliver 600 million impressions (opportunities to see).
Alison Metcalfe, Tourism Ireland’s Head of North America, said: “We are delighted to roll out our new ‘Fill your heart with Ireland’ campaign. It will highlight our rich and authentic experiences, breath-taking landscapes and, in particular, our warm welcome to our target audience here in the United States. The campaign is about celebrating the different ways in which Ireland fills the hearts of our visitors and of locals – and inviting potential American holidaymakers to come and experience those for themselves.
“Our TV ads will deliver over 100 million impressions in seven key cities, including New York, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Our aim is to deliver ‘stand-out’ for Ireland in the United States and to position the island of Ireland as a place that fills the heart and restores the spirit for American holidaymakers.”
Some highlights of Tourism Ireland’s ‘Fill your heart with Ireland’ campaign in the United States include:
- ads running on four major television networks – ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox – around popular programmes with large audiences in seven cities, including New York, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Ads will also run on leading streaming services, including Hulu. Between April and July, the TV ads will reach 70% of Tourism Ireland’s target audience in the seven cities, delivering over 100 million of the total campaign impressions.
- two new partnerships – with Matador, a US media publisher, and with Dotdash Meredith, a large US digital and print publisher (titles include Travel+Leisure, Food & Wine and Entertainment Weekly) – to amplify Tourism Ireland’s message, which will deliver more than 30 million impressions.
- ‘always on’ digital activity underpinning Tourism Ireland’s new ‘Fill your heart with Ireland’ campaign throughout the year in the United States.
Notes to Editors:
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- In 2019, we welcomed 11.3 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of over €5.9 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 33 market sites available in 30 different countries in 11 language versions around the world.