Celebrity chef and TV personality Kevin Dundon is showcasing our superb food and drink experiences in Canada this week.
Tourism Ireland invited Kevin Dundon to take part in a busy programme of culinary and media events in Toronto this week, which includes:
- an appearance on Canadian television (on 18 November), when Kevin highlighted modern Irish cuisine on The Morning Show, a popular breakfast TV show which airs on the Global television network to around 240,000 viewers;
- an appearance on the popular Your Morning breakfast show on CTV (on 19 November), which has over 379,000 viewers; and
- interviews with influential food and travel journalists who write for the Toronto Sun and Toronto Star newspapers.
“Gastronomy and the extremely high quality of Irish produce is one of the key themes being promoted by Tourism Ireland, so we’re delighted to work with Kevin Dundon this week – helping us to shine a spotlight on our superb culinary experience,” said Dana Welch, Tourism Ireland’s Manager Canada. “Our message is that Ireland’s food scene has undergone something of a revolution in recent years. Artisan producers and world-class chefs like Kevin Dundon have been getting creative with our produce, using fresh local ingredients to create incredible flavours.”
Dana Welch continued: “Food and drink are vital elements of today’s holiday experience and our promotions are raising awareness of Ireland’s rich food culture. Tourism Ireland is encouraging prospective visitors to come and experience our award-winning local produce, dine in our excellent restaurants, visit our fantastic distilleries and breweries, or perhaps take in a food trail or festival. We’re telling Canadian ‘foodies’ that there has never been a more exciting time to come and discover the food scene in Ireland.”
Chef Kevin Dundon; Jennifer Valentyne, host of The Morning Show; and Dana Welch, Tourism Ireland, during Kevin’s appearance on The Morning Show, a popular breakfast TV show which airs on the Global television network.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing around 325,000 people across the island.
- In 2018, we welcomed almost 11.2 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland (+5% on 2017), delivering revenue of approximately €5.86 billion (+5%).
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted around 20+ million visitors in 2018.