~ Millions of French will tune in to Ireland this weekend ~
Tourism Ireland will roll out a major TV advertising campaign in France this weekend – specially timed to coincide with the Ireland v France Six Nations match. Tourism Ireland’s new TV ad
– ‘Fill Your Heart With Ireland’ (in French, ‘Au rythme de vos émotions’) will run on national TV channels France 2 and France 3, as well as on a range of other channels.
This is the second phase of Tourism Ireland’s spring TV campaign, which kicked off on television in early February. A video campaign is also under way in France, until the end of March, with ads running on catch-up TV sites, popular websites, YouTube and Facebook. In all, the campaign will reach an estimated 17 million viewers – or potential French holidaymakers for Ireland.
Encouragingly, in research carried out by Kantar Millward Brown among French consumers, Tourism Ireland’s new ‘Fill Your Heart With Ireland’ campaign was confirmed among the top 10% of tourism campaigns ever researched in France.
“2018 was the best year ever for Irish tourism from France, when we welcomed almost 565,000 French arrivals,”
said Monica MacLaverty, Tourism Ireland’s Manager for Southern Europe. “We are now focused on 2019. We’re delighted to roll out our TV campaign this weekend, when so many French will be watching the Six Nations game against Ireland. Our aim is to build on the success of the past few years and continue to grow French visitor numbers.”
In 2019, Tourism Ireland in France will undertake a targeted programme of promotions. The TV campaign will be supported by extensive co-operative activity with partners such as Irish Ferries, Aer Lingus, Stena Line and Air France. Tourism Ireland will continue to leverage its strength in digital and social media; the organisation now has around 214,000 French Facebook
fans (4.35 million worldwide) and more than 35,000 French followers on Twitter
. Tourism Ireland will also ramp up its publicity programme in France – placing increased focus on digital channels and working more closely with online media, including social influencers. Top French tour operators and travel agents, will be targeted through sales blitzes, workshops and familiarisation visits to Ireland.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing around 325,000 people across the island.
- In 2018, we welcomed around 11.2 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of approximately €6.1 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted 20.3 million visitors in 2018.