Christmas stories and content from the island of Ireland will be shared around the world
Tourism Ireland is calling on tourism companies around the island of Ireland to get involved in its new Christmas Countdown 2020 campaign. The campaign aims to ensure that the island of Ireland remains ‘top of mind’ among prospective overseas visitors over the coming festive season, until the time is right for them to visit again.
Tourism companies around Ireland are invited to take part in the campaign, by sharing:
- Christmas or seasonal content, which will feature in Tourism Ireland’s extensive social media activity on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter during December, using the hashtag #ChristmasInIreland;
- a fun Christmas ‘selfie’, to feature in a short video, which will be shared with international travel trade contacts – wishing them a Happy Christmas from everyone in the tourism industry on the island of Ireland; and / or
- a special or unique Christmas story; Tourism Ireland will share great seasonal stories from Ireland with its database of influential travel and lifestyle journalists around the world.
To find out more, click here
Siobhan McManamy, Tourism Ireland’s Director of Markets, said: “We know that our tourism partners across the island of Ireland have wonderful Christmas content and stunning, winter-themed photos and videos of their product. We’d love them to share that content with us, so that we can, in turn, share it with our fans and followers around the world. We’d also like to share their festive ‘selfies’ or special Christmas stories with our international travel trade and media contacts.
“The aim of our Christmas Countdown campaign is to ensure that the island of Ireland remains ‘top of mind’ among prospective visitors this festive season, until the time is right for them to visit again. Once this crisis is past and the island of Ireland is open again to international visitors, we in Tourism Ireland will be ready to roll out an extensive recovery kick-start programme and to play our part in delivering a sustainable recovery for the long-term future of our industry.”
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- In 2019, we welcomed almost 11.3 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of over €5.8 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted around 23+ million visitors in 2019.