Tourism Ireland is partnering with US luxury retailer Neiman Marcus, in a new campaign called ‘The Art of Travel’. The island of Ireland is one of four featured destinations which appear in the Neiman Marcus spring 2019 catalogue. The catalogue includes an Ireland travel guide and articles, as well as some great tips about vacations in Ireland from travel and fashion industry insiders, including Simone Rocha.
The collaboration is under way during March and April, delivering significant exposure for the island of Ireland in the United States – with ads, articles and videos featuring on Neiman Marcus digital platforms. The campaign also includes:
- instore events showcasing Ireland in Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills and Neiman Marcus Hudson Yards (the company’s first New York store);
- a corporate event and a consumer event at the Neiman Marcus NorthPark Center store in Dallas, highlighting the new American Airlines flight from Dallas to Dublin, which launches in June;
- window and instore displays in several stores, featuring attractions like Fanad Lighthouse, Kylemore Abbey and Titanic Belfast.
The collaboration with Neiman Marcus is part of Tourism Ireland’s strategy to connect with prospective American visitors in new and unexpected ways, by partnering with high profile lifestyle brands.
Alison Metcalfe, Tourism Ireland’s Head of North America and Australia, said: “We are excited about our new collaboration with Neiman Marcus, which promises to be a great way for us to showcase the island of Ireland and connect with its customers. Working with an iconic brand like Neiman Marcus will help us raise awareness of some of the many unique experiences to be enjoyed around the island of Ireland, inspiring American travellers to put a trip to the island of Ireland on their ‘must do’ list.”
Molly Woolfe, Tourism Ireland (left); and Andrea Nambiar, Neiman Marcus, at Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills.
Alison Metcalfe continued: “Tourism Ireland has prioritised North America as a market which offers a strong return on investment, in terms of holiday visitors and expenditure. In 2019, Tourism Ireland aims to surpass the record-breaking performance of 2018 and to grow revenue from North American visitors by +8% to €1.99 billion, generated by 2.17 million visitors.”
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing around 325,000 people across the island.
- By the end of 2018, we will have welcomed around 11.2 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of approximately €6.1 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted around 19.2 million visitors in 2017.