The spotlight is shining brightly on our world-class golf right now – following the hugely successful staging of The Open at Royal Portrush and last week’s announcement that the Ryder Cup will take place at Adare Manor in 2026. This August, the ISPS Handa World Invitational (formerly the NI Open), will take place at Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort.
Tourism Ireland is undertaking a busy programme of activity to highlight the tournament and to remind golfers everywhere why Northern Ireland is a superb choice for a golf holiday. A special promotional video about the tournament is being shared by Tourism Ireland on its social channels – including Twitter and Facebook.
Other activity includes:
“We’re delighted to showcase the ISPS Handa World Invitational to golfers around the world,”
- information about the ISPS Handa World Invitational was sent to thousands of international golf and lifestyle journalists on the Tourism Ireland database, after the tournament was officially launched in May;
- support for the broadcast of the tournament on Sky Sports Golf;
- support for the tournament’s social media campaign – including posts by Niall Horan (of One Direction fame!), who will share details about the event and the destination with his millions of fans and followers; and
- influential sports journalists have been invited by Tourism Ireland to attend the tournament, to write or broadcast about it on their return home (including representatives from publications like Women & Golf magazine);
said Shane Clarke, Tourism Ireland’s Director of Corporate Services, Policy & Northern Ireland. “Our aim is to remind golfers everywhere about our world-class golf and the many things to see and do here. Our message is that Northern Ireland offers international golfers the complete package – with some of the very best golf in the world, spectacular scenery and the warmest of welcomes.”
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is responsible for in excess of 5.2% of GDP in Northern Ireland and supports approximately 65,000 jobs.
- In 2018, we welcomed 2.218 million overseas visitors to Northern Ireland, delivering revenue of over £560 million.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language version.