As the Ryder Cup gets under way in Paris today, Tourism Ireland in the US is rolling out its ‘Home of Champions’ campaign on the hugely popular NBC Golf Channel. A 30-second ad will air over the coming days – reaching millions of golf fans tuning in to see Team USA take on Team Europe.
Tourism Ireland’s 2018 ‘Home of Champions’ campaign kicked off in April, during the US Masters. The ad has also been airing on the Golf Channel during other Major championships and around relevant TV shows. It aims to remind American golfers about our fantastic golf courses where our champions – including Rory McIlroy, Pádraig Harrington, Graeme McDowell and Darren Clarke – honed and perfected their skills.
Promoting golf holidays on the island of Ireland is a major focus for Tourism Ireland in the United States.
Alison Metcalfe, Tourism Ireland’s Head of North America, said: “Tourism Ireland has an extensive marketing programme under way this year, to highlight our world-class golf and encourage more Americans to consider a golfing vacation on the island of Ireland. Our ‘Home of Champions’ campaign has already been seen by millions of viewers – or potential golf holidaymakers for Ireland. Our message is that Ireland offers American golfers the complete package – with some of the very best links golf in the world, stunning scenery and the warmest of welcomes.”
Earlier this month, a programme called Golf Advisor Roundtrip Ireland
– presented by Matt Ginella – aired on the Golf Channel. The show highlighted some of our top courses – including Waterville, Adare Manor and Royal Portrush – as well as our spectacular scenery.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing more than 300,000 people across the island.
- In 2017, we welcomed 10.6 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €5.6 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted around 19.2 million visitors in 2017.