More than 9,000 travel agents around Italy are seeing promotions for the island of Ireland right now. Tourism Ireland is partnering with Albatravel (a leading packaging platform for the travel trade), in a new campaign aimed specifically at travel agents.
The campaign aims to increase bookings for Ireland holiday packages on albatravelgroup.biz
– by educating and enthusing travel agents around Italy about the breadth of the Ireland holiday experience. It includes email marketing to the Albatravel database of 9,300 travel agents, a dedicated Ireland microsite, as well as Ireland ads on the most popular trade press websites in Italy.
2017 was the best year ever for tourism from Italy to Ireland, when we welcomed around 363,300 Italian visitors, up +5.5% on 2016.
Niamh Kinsella, Tourism Ireland’s Manager Italy, said: “Tourism Ireland has an extensive programme of promotions under way in Italy in 2018, to continue to grow Italian visitor numbers to the island of Ireland. An important element of that programme involves working with influential intermediaries, including travel agents and tour operators. Our campaign with Albatravel will reach more than 9,000 travel agents around Italy, educating and enthusing them about Ireland, so they are better equipped to sell the destination to their clients.”
Online ads – part of our campaign with Albatravel.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 281,000 people across the island.
- In 2017, we welcomed approximately 10.65 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €5.78 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted around 19.3 million visitors in 2017.