Tourism Ireland has teamed up with Vevo, the world’s leading music video and entertainment platform, to create a new video guide to Belfast starring YouTube sensation and singer-songwriter dodie.
With some 60 million video views to date, almost 1.3 million subscribers on her YouTube channel
, 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify and 732,000 followers on Twitter
, English musician dodie is hugely popular. She’s in Belfast this week, to play in Mandela Hall. Before her concert, she spent a day filming in Belfast, at places like the Cathedral Quarter, Queen’s University, the Botanic Gardens and Sawers Deli. Viewers will see dodie exploring the city and some of its hidden gems, as she follows various recommendations shared by her fans.
The video – directed by Northern Ireland’s Gregg Houston – is part of a novel promotion to showcase Belfast as a great travel and short break destination to GB holidaymakers this winter. The campaign involves Vevo creating a series of online videos – called Real Guides
– which are fronted by current music acts in different cities.
The video will be unveiled in early November and will be promoted across the Vevo platform in GB, reaching about 10 million 18 to 34-year-olds – and potential visitors to Belfast.
Singer-songwriter dodie (centre) with Aifric Smyth and Darren Quinton, both Tourism Ireland, during filming in the Cathedral Quarter in Belfast.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is responsible for in excess of 5.2% of GDP in Northern Ireland and supports 61,300 jobs.
- In 2016, we welcomed a record 2.1 million overseas visitors to Northern Ireland, delivering revenue of over £543 million.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted about 19.37 million visitors in 2016.