5+ million Italians see new Ireland promotion on trams in Milan
Millions of commuters in Milan are seeing eye-catching ads for Ireland on trams operating in the city right now. It’s all part of Tourism Ireland’s latest promotion in Italy, to highlight the island of Ireland for holidays and short breaks in 2017. The campaign is being rolled out in partnership with Logitravel, one of Italy’s leading online travel agents.
The campaign will run between now and the end of the year and will include:
- trams in Milan ‘wrapped’ in Ireland ads over the coming month, reaching an estimated 5.2 million commuters;
- online ads on popular websites during May and June (and again in September);
- a video campaign on YouTube and Facebook, which will go live in June, as well as ads on Facebook – reaching millions of potential holidaymakers;
- Ireland ads on the website of Logitravel, driving prospective visitors to a special Ireland microsite; and
- e-mail marketing to the Logitravel database of 1.5 million travellers.
Tourism Ireland aims to ensure as much visibility as possible for the island of Ireland – both online and offline – during key booking periods for holidays and short breaks over the coming months.
In 2016, we welcomed about 345,000 Italian visitors to Ireland, up +7% on 2015.
Niamh Kinsella, Tourism Ireland’s Manager Italy, said: “2016 was the best year ever for tourism from Italy to Ireland, when we welcomed almost 345,000 Italian visitors, up +7% on 2015. Tourism Ireland is determined to ensure that success continues and we have an extensive programme of promotions under way in Italy in 2017. Co-operative campaigns with key partners, like this one with Logitravel, are an important element of that programme, to boost travel to Ireland in 2017.”
Tram in Milan, ‘wrapped’ in an ad for the island of Ireland.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 220,000 people.
- In 2016, we welcomed approximately 10.5 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €5.4 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted 19.37 million visitors in 2016.