Major campaign kicks off Tourism Ireland’s promotional drive for 2018 in all-important US market
Tourism Ireland kicks off its promotional drive for 2018 in the all-important American market early next week – with a major, week-long TV campaign which will be seen by millions of potential holidaymakers for Ireland.
Tourism Ireland’s new TV ad
– ‘Welcome to Ireland’ – will air on television from Tuesday (26 December) and continue through New Year’s Eve. The ad will run on three major networks – NBC, CBS and ABC – in New York, Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia, all important gateway cities for Irish tourism. It will air around premium entertainment programmes with large audiences over the Christmas and New Year’s period – such as Jimmy Kimmel Live
, The Tonight Show
, Blue Bloods
, The Late Late Show with James Corden
and Kennedy Center Honors
2017 will be the fifth record year in a row for visitor numbers to the island of Ireland from North America. By the end of this year, we will have welcomed about 1.83 million American and Canadian visitors (+16.7%), delivering revenue of €1.67 billion (+14.5%).
This time of year is a key vacation planning period for Americans and this campaign heralds the start of another busy promotional drive for Tourism Ireland in the United States next year.
Niall Gibbons, Tourism Ireland’s CEO, said: “2017 will be the fifth record year in a row for visitor numbers to the island of Ireland from North America. By the end of this year, we will have welcomed about 1.83 million American and Canadian visitors, delivering revenue of €1.67 billion for the economy throughout 2017. Tourism Ireland has undertaken an extensive and very targeted programme of promotions right throughout 2017, building awareness of the island of Ireland as a premier vacation destination.
“Looking to 2018, access developments augur well for continued growth from the United States, with new Aer Lingus flights to Dublin from Seattle and Philadelphia. Our ‘Jump into Ireland’ sales blitz next year will take in 15 cities across the US and Canada. We look forward to building on this year’s success in 2018 and beyond.”
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 281,000 people across the island.
- By the end of 2017, we will have welcomed approximately 10.65 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €5.78 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted 19.37 million visitors in 2016.