Tourism Ireland has teamed up with Vevo, the world’s leading music video and entertainment platform, to create a new video guide to Dublin starring Kodaline. The video is part of a novel promotion to showcase the city to British holidaymakers this autumn.
The campaign will see Vevo create a new series of online videos – called Real Guides
– fronted by well-known music acts in different cities. The first of these video guides is all about Dublin and stars Kodaline. Filming took place around Dublin this week, with the four band members taking viewers on a journey around their favourite places to shop, eat, drink and hang out in the city.
The video will be unveiled in early September and will be promoted across the Vevo platform in Britain this autumn, with the potential to reach up to 10 million 18 to 34-year-olds – or potential visitors for Dublin. It’s just one element of Tourism Ireland’s busy autumn campaign to raise awareness of some of the many great experiences on offer in Dublin and elsewhere around the island of Ireland.
Hayley Pitts and Cornelia Steinbock, both Tourism Ireland, with Kodaline, at the Hairy Lemon pub in Dublin, during filming for a new Tourism Ireland campaign.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 281,000 people across the island.
- In 2016, we welcomed approximately 10.3 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €5.3 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted 19.37 million visitors in 2016.