A lucky Game of Thrones®
fan in China, Mr Jia Bing, has won a trip to Northern Ireland.
Earlier this month, Tourism Ireland in China teamed up with HBO Asia for season 7 of Game of Thrones®
– to remind GoT fans that Northern Ireland is one of the main filming locations for the hugely popular TV series. The promotion has been running on five popular online platforms, including Tencent (social network), Mtime (movie news and reviews website) and SiTV (Shanghai Interactive Television), as well as on HBO’s and Tourism Ireland’s social channels – reaching more than 14 million people around China. It features a competition, with a chance to win a trip to the ‘real life Westeros’ of Northern Ireland, including a VIP Game of Thrones®
tour – hosted by Tourism NI and designed by Bespoke NI.
Also this month, large Game of Thrones®
displays have been set up in shopping malls in Shanghai and Beijing, where Tourism Ireland is reminding Chinese shoppers that Northern Ireland is ‘Game of Thrones Territory’.
Prize-winner Mr Jia Bing (right), with Tourism Ireland’s James Kenny (aka ‘Jon Snow’), at a Game of Thrones® display in the Ganghui Shopping Mall in Shanghai.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is responsible for in excess of 5.2% of GDP in Northern Ireland and supports 61,300 jobs.
- In 2016, we welcomed a record 2.1 million overseas visitors to Northern Ireland, delivering revenue of over £543 million.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted about 19.37 million visitors in 2016.