Popular travel vloggers (or video bloggers) the Vagabrothers have unveiled a new online film, called – Game Of Thrones | The Real Winterfell
– the final one in a series of videos (or vlogs) all about Northern Ireland, which they have published this month. In September, Tourism Ireland commissioned the Vagabrothers to produce these vlogs, to showcase some of our top visitor experiences to prospective holidaymakers around the world.
The eight-minute film sees the brothers check out some of the many Game of Thrones
locations in Northern Ireland – including the Dark Hedges, Ballintoy Harbour, Inch Abbey, as well as Castle Ward, where they try their hand at archery. They also spot a ‘three-eyed raven’ on the shores of Strangford Lough, meet one of the ‘direwolves’ and enjoy a walk in the footsteps of the ‘White Walkers’ through Tollymore Forest.
The Vagabrothers are brothers Marko and Alex Ayling from California, vloggers (or video bloggers) who describe themselves as “backpackers and video bloggers on a mission to explore the world through its people”.
To view the film, which has already been viewed over 6,000 times, click here
Alex (left) and Marko Ayling, aka The Vagabrothers, at the Dark Hedges, Ballymoney.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is responsible for in excess of 5.2% of GDP in Northern Ireland and supports approximately 43,000 jobs.
- In 2015, we welcomed almost 2 million overseas visitors to Northern Ireland, delivering revenue of about £484 million.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted more than 16.6 million visitors in 2015.