Vagabrothers are back – creating six online films to showcase the island of Ireland
Popular travel vloggers (or video bloggers) the Vagabrothers have released a brand new online video
– the first in a series of six videos, or vlogs, which they will publish over the coming weeks. In September, Tourism Ireland enlisted the help of the Vagabrothers to showcase some of our top visitor experiences to prospective holidaymakers around the world.
The Vagabrothers are brothers Marko and Alex Ayling from California, vloggers (or video bloggers) who describe themselves as “backpackers and video bloggers on a mission to explore the world through its people”. This was their second time visiting the island of Ireland; in 2015, they also published a series of vlogs all about Ireland.
This time, Tourism Ireland commissioned the Vagabrothers to produce a series of six videos, or vlogs, to highlight the North West and Northern Ireland. To view their first film, which has already been viewed more than 5,000 times, click here
Their itinerary – designed by Fáilte Ireland – saw them visit Sligo and Donegal’s Wild Atlantic Way, where they tried their hand at coasteering in Mullaghmore and feasted on seafood in Eithna’s by the Sea, also in Mullaghmore. They continued to Donegal, where they filmed the spectacular scenery at Slieve League and paid a visit to Molloy & Sons Weaving in Ardara.
Over the coming weeks, the series of films will be shared by the brothers on YouTube
(they have 88,000+ subscribers). Marko and Alex have also been sharing photos and details of their trip to Ireland on social media – with their 36,500 followers on Instagram
, 26,500 fans on Facebook
, on Snapchat and with their 11,000 Twitter followers (@vagabrothers
Tourism Ireland undertakes a busy publicity programme around the world each year to raise the profile of the island of Ireland – and visits by social influencers like bloggers and vloggers are an increasingly important element of that programme.
Brian Twomey, Tourism Ireland’s Head of Marketing Communications, said: “The Vagabrothers have documented their entire visit to Ireland online and will be releasing five other vlogs over the coming weeks, which will be seen and shared by their online followers round the world – inspiring those followers and travellers to come and sample the destination for themselves. Their social media accounts are hugely popular, so their visit and their videos are a really good opportunity to showcase the island of Ireland.”
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 220,000 people.
- In 2015, we welcomed approximately 9.5 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €4.9 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted more than 16.6 million visitors in 2015.