Tourism Ireland’s online film promotes Northern Ireland and our world-class road racing
As the Vauxhall International North West 200 takes place this week, Tourism Ireland has unveiled a short film, highlighting the annual road race, and Northern Ireland, to motorbike fans and potential holidaymakers around the world.
The North West 200 is Northern Ireland’s largest outdoor sporting event and the Tourism Ireland film highlights the excitement and atmosphere of the race, as well as the wonderful scenery of the Causeway Coast – giving people everywhere a flavour of what to expect when they visit.
A specially-created page on Tourism Ireland’s website – Ireland.com/NW200
– is also highlighting the North West 200 and other road races taking place this year, under the headline “Need for speed: Motorsport on the Island of Ireland”.
Aubrey Irwin, Tourism Ireland’s Head of Northern Ireland, said: “The North West 200 is an amazing spectacle and through our film, we aim to leverage the tourism benefits of this unique event, showcasing the spectacular scenery of this part of Northern Ireland to motorbike fans and prospective visitors everywhere.”
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is responsible for in excess of 5.2% of GDP in Northern Ireland and supports approximately 43,000 jobs.
- In 2015, we welcomed about 1.9 million overseas visitors to Northern Ireland, delivering revenue of about £454 million.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.Ireland.com, available in ten different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world. In 2015, Ireland.com attracted about 16.6 million visitors.