Tourism Ireland’s invites motorbike journalists to NW 200
Tourism Ireland invited journalists from Spain, France and Belgium to come and experience the North West 200 over the weekend. Representing various motorbike and travel publications with a combined circulation of over 1 million readers, the journalists were here to experience the excitement and atmosphere of the race, as well as our wonderful scenery. Their itinerary was devised by Tourism NI.
Last week, Tourism Ireland unveiled a short online film highlighting the annual road race, and Northern Ireland, to motorbike fans and potential holidaymakers around the world – giving people everywhere a flavour of what to expect when they visit. To view the film, click here
. And a specially-created page on Tourism Ireland’s website – Ireland.com/NW200
– is also highlighting the North West 200 and other road races taking place this year, under the headline “Need for speed: Motorsport on the island of Ireland”.
Aubrey Irwin, Tourism Ireland’s Head of Northern Ireland, said: “Tourism Ireland was delighted to invite these European journalists to this year’s North West 200. Our aim is to leverage the tourism benefits of this special event, showcasing the spectacular scenery of this part of Northern Ireland to motorbike fans and prospective visitors everywhere.”
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is responsible for in excess of 5.2% of GDP in Northern Ireland and supports approximately 43,000 jobs.
- In 2015, we welcomed about 1.9 million overseas visitors to Northern Ireland, delivering revenue of about £454 million.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.Ireland.com, available in ten different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world. In 2015, Ireland.com attracted about 16.6 million visitors.