2.6 million Italians see new Ireland promotion on trams in Milan
Millions of commuters in Milan are seeing eye-catching ads for Ireland on trams operating in the city. It’s all part of Tourism Ireland’s latest promotion in Italy to highlight the island of Ireland for holidays and short breaks in 2016.
The campaign will run between now and the end of the year and will include:
- trams in Milan ‘wrapped’ in Ireland ads for the month of June, reaching an estimated 2.6 million commuters;
- ads in the Roman and Milanese editions of Leggo newspaper in June and October, reaching almost 600,000 readers;
- a YouTube video in June, July and October;
- ads on the website of online travel agent Logitravel, driving prospective visitors to a special Ireland microsite; and
- e-mail marketing.
Tourism Ireland aims to ensure as much visibility as possible for the island of Ireland – both online and offline – during key booking periods for holidays and short breaks over the coming months.
Niamh Kinsella, Tourism Ireland’s Manager in Italy, said: “Italy is an important market for tourism to the island of Ireland and we have seen excellent growth in Italian visitor numbers so far again this year, with the latest CSO figures indicating growth of +14% for the February to April period. Tourism Ireland is determined to ensure that growth continues and we are rolling out a busy programme of promotions in Italy throughout 2016.”
In 2015, we welcomed about 321,000 Italian visitors to Ireland, up +25% on 2014.
Ads highlighting Ireland on trams in Milan.
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 220,000 people.
- In 2015, we welcomed approximately 9.3 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €4.7 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in ten language versions around the world, which attracted about 16.5 million visitors in 2015.