Tourism Ireland’s 2015 ‘Jump into Ireland’ programme continues to Minneapolis, Denver and Dallas
The third stage of Tourism Ireland’s 2015 ‘Jump into Ireland’ sales blitz across the United States took place last week – taking in the cities of Minneapolis (Minnesota), Denver (Colorado) and Dallas (Texas). In all, Tourism Ireland’s ‘Jump into Ireland’ programme will have visited 12 different US cities by the end of this year, targeting hundreds of influential travel agents and travel writers.
Last week’s sales blitz saw Tourism Ireland – together with a delegation of 11 Irish tourism companies and four American tour operators – meet with travel professionals based in Minneapolis, Denver and Dallas. The busy schedule involved a 60-minute TV show format highlighting the island of Ireland, as well as networking sessions with travel and lifestyle journalists – providing an excellent platform to showcase and sell Ireland to important travel decision-makers in each city. A similar ‘Jump into Ireland’ sales blitz is scheduled for Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and San Francisco (California), in November.
Alison Metcalfe, Tourism Ireland’s head of North America, said: “The United States is one of the most important markets for tourism to the island of Ireland and 2014 was a record year for American visitors to Ireland – when we welcomed more than one million US visitors, spending over US$1 billion. And we have seen really good growth again this year, with the most recent CSO figures showing an increase of +14% in North American visitors for January to August.
“Tourism Ireland is determined to ensure that tourism growth continues. We have a really extensive autumn campaign in full swing right now – aimed at boosting late-season travel to Ireland from the United States and elsewhere around the globe. Our ‘Jump into Ireland’ programme is an important element of our overall promotional activity in the US in 2015. It provides an excellent platform to spread the word about the many great experiences that American holidaymakers can enjoy right around the island of Ireland.”
Tourism companies taking part in the ‘Jump into Ireland’ sales blitz in Minneapolis, Denver and Dallas included:
The delegation of tourism companies from the island of Ireland and the US taking part in Tourism Ireland’s ‘Jump into Ireland’ (JITI) event in Dallas.
- Adams & Butler
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
- Ashford Castle and The Lodge at Ashford Castle
- B&B Ireland
- CIE Tours International
- Extreme Ireland Adventures
- Fermanagh Lakeland Tourism/National Trust Fermanagh
- Glenlo Abbey Hotel
- House of Waterford Crystal
- Isle Inn Tours
- Lough Eske Castle
- Manor House Hotels and Irish Country Hotels
- Railtours Ireland First Class
- Sceptre Tours
- Specialized Travel Services
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 200,000 people.
- In 2014, we welcomed 8.4 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of €4.1 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.Ireland.com, available in ten different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world. In 2014, Ireland.com attracted about 14.25 million visitors.