Tourism Ireland’s 2015 ‘Jump into Ireland’ programme continues to Atlanta, Charlotte and Tampa
The second stage of Tourism Ireland’s 2015 ‘Jump into Ireland’ sales blitz across the United States took place last week – taking in the cities of Atlanta (Georgia), Charlotte (North Carolina) and Tampa (Florida). In all, Tourism Ireland’s ‘Jump into Ireland’ programme will visit 12 different cities in the US this year, targeting hundreds of influential travel agents and travel writers.
Last week’s sales blitz saw Tourism Ireland – together with a delegation of 11 Irish tourism companies and five American tour operators – meeting travel professionals based in Atlanta, Charlotte and Tampa. The busy schedule involved a 60-minute TV show format highlighting the island of Ireland, as well as networking sessions with travel and lifestyle journalists – providing an excellent platform to showcase and sell Ireland to important travel decision-makers in each city. Similar ‘Jump into Ireland’ events will take place in Minneapolis (Minnesota), Denver (Colorado) and Dallas (Texas), in September; and in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and San Francisco (California), in November.
Alison Metcalfe, Tourism Ireland’s head of North America, said: “The United States is one of the most important markets for tourism to the island of Ireland and 2014 was a record year for American visitors to Ireland – when we welcomed more than one million US visitors, spending over US$1 billion. Tourism Ireland is determined to ensure that tourism growth continues; and 2015 has got off to a positive start, with the most recent CSO figures showing growth of +7% in visitor numbers from North America for the December 2014 to February 2015 period.
“Our ‘Jump into Ireland’ programme is an important element of our overall promotional activity in the United States for 2015. It provides an excellent platform to spread the word about the many great experiences that US holidaymakers can enjoy around the island of Ireland, including numerous events taking place this year – such as Yeats 150, ID2015 (the year of Irish design) and the Irish Open at Royal County Down.”
Irish and American partners taking part in the ‘Jump into Ireland’ sales blitz in Atlanta, Charlotte and Tampa included:
The delegation of Irish and American tourism companies taking part in Tourism Ireland’s ‘Jump into Ireland’ (JITI) event in Charlotte, North Carolina, with Ruth Moran (front, left), Billy Condon (back, left), Hillarie McGuinness (back, third left), Fiona Dunne (front, third right) and Andrew Sheehan (back, second right), all Tourism Ireland.
- Adams & Butler
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort
- Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
- Brendan Vacations
- CIE Tours International
- Flynn Hotel Group
- Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens
- Forever Happening South East
- House of Waterford Crystal
- Isle Inn Tours
- Lough Eske Castle
- Lynott Tours
- Parknasilla Resort & Spa
- River Lee Hotel
- Sceptre Tours
- Shannon Group
Notes To Editors
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 200,000 people.
- In 2014, we welcomed an estimated 8.6 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €4.26 billion. Overseas tourism business accounts for 59% of all tourism revenue.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.Ireland.com, available in ten different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world. In 2014, Ireland.com attracted about 14.25 million visitors.