‘Jump into Ireland’ goes live to estimated audience of 200 million potential visitors
Tourism Ireland today kicks off 2012 with the roll-out of a brand new global advertising campaign – ‘Jump into Ireland’ – to promote the island of Ireland overseas over the next three years.
The campaign goes live on television in Great Britain, our largest and most important tourism market, today on channels including ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky 1 and satellite channels. The new ads will also appear on TV in France and Germany; in cinemas in GB and the US, Spain and Italy; on outdoor sites in GB; and online in the other 22 markets in which Tourism Ireland has a presence to an estimated audience of 200 million potential visitors worldwide.
The soundtrack for the TV ads is taken from the latest album, Fallen Empires, by Co Down band Snow Patrol. The tagline for the new campaign – ‘Jump into Ireland’ – is designed to convey a sense of playfulness and to reflect the immersive nature of a holiday here with iconic experiences and warm, friendly people.
Niall Gibbons, CEO of Tourism Ireland, said: “This new global campaign has been designed to help us build on the return to growth achieved last year, when overseas tourism to the island of Ireland grew from all main markets and grew ahead of our competitors, regaining market share. While there is no doubt that recent economic turmoil has brought increased uncertainty, affecting business and consumer confidence in markets overseas, the overall outlook for travel and tourism remains positive. Interest in the island of Ireland remains strong in all our markets and the World Economic Forum has ranked Ireland tenth in the world – out of 140 countries – for marketing and branding effectiveness. We are targeting further growth in 2012 and in the years ahead and our goal is to welcome over 9 million overseas visitors to the island by 2015, exceeding the record year for tourism of 2007. The new campaign will play a major role as part of an extensive overseas marketing programme.
“The campaign launches on a day which also sees us welcome the new daily, direct Emirates service from Dubai to Dublin, which touched down here for the first time today. The new service greatly enhances our connectivity from vital new and emerging markets like Australia, New Zealand, India, China and South Africa, as well as the Middle East. We have worked closely through co-operative marketing programmes with Emirates and Dublin Airport to help secure and drive demand for this new route and this activity will continue in the months ahead.”
Notes To Editors
Notes to Editors:
- The campaign has been developed to be flexible and adaptable and will evolve over its three-year lifespan to reflect a range of locations and iconic experiences on offer across the island.
- The tagline ‘Jump into Northern Ireland’ will feature on advertising specific to Northern Ireland in the context of Northern Ireland’s special year of celebration, ni2012.
- The new Tourism Ireland TV campaign was shot on location on the island of Ireland by award-winning commercial and music video director Daniel Wolfe, and Irish cinematographer Robbie Ryan, who worked most recently on the feature film Wuthering Heights.
- The island of Ireland ranks high among the top destinations that consumers in our four largest tourism markets would like to visit (GB, US, France and Germany together deliver almost 75% of all overseas visitors). The most recent Anholt-GfK Nation Brands Index (NBI 2011) shows that Ireland ranks 7th (out of 50 countries) as an aspirational destination in the US and France; we rank 9th in Britain and 11th in Germany.
- Specific Northern Ireland TV advertising for ni2012 (featuring the Giant’s Causeway and Titanic) will air on terrestrial and satellite channels (including C4, Channel 5, Sky Network, E4, More 4, Gold etc).
- An impactful outdoor campaign for Northern Ireland will feature relevant 2012 messages, e.g. the Titanic Signature Building, Giant’s Causeway, Land of Giants etc, in London, Manchester and Glasgow.
- A Northern Ireland-specific publicity programme in GB will include a headline-grabbing launch in London for NI2012.
- A major promotional roadshow series, building on pilots in 2011, will create consumer excitement around ni2012, targeting potential holidaymakers in key access gateways for Northern Ireland with NI industry involvement.
- The ‘Home of Champions’ campaign will be extended in influential golf and business titles, using advertorials with Peter Alliss and Patricia Davis, including Today's Golfer, Golf World, Golf Monthly, GQ, FT, Institute of Directors, inflight magazines etc.