Tourism Ireland warmly welcomes the announcement of a new charter service from the Netherlands to Cork for summer 2013. This new service has been organised by Dutch tour operator KRAS and will be operated by Arkefly. The flights will operate for twelve weeks, beginning Friday 7 June.
Working closely with airlines to build demand for routes is a key priority for Tourism Ireland and this new service will provide a welcome boost for tourism from the Netherlands. Niall Gibbons, chief executive of Tourism Ireland, said: “The introduction of this new service from the Netherlands is welcome news indeed; it will certainly expand travel options for Dutch holidaymakers who wish to visit Cork and the south of Ireland this summer. As part of our ongoing co-operation with airlines and airports, Tourism Ireland will undertake advertising and other promotions with KRAS, to maximise the demand for the service to Cork and help boost tourism business from the Netherlands.
“As an island destination, direct, convenient and competitive access services are critical to achieving growth in inbound tourism. Tourism Ireland is committed to working with air and sea carriers, airports and other tourism interests to drive demand for these flights, and all other services to the island of Ireland, and to help maintain our vital network of routes and services.”
Further media information:
Sinéad Grace, Tourism Ireland
Tel: 087-685 9027
Notes to Editors:
• Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
• Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 200,000 people.
• In 2012, an estimated 7.27 million overseas visitors came to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of approximately €3.51 billion. Overseas tourism business accounts for 59% of all tourism revenue.
• Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, currently rolling out in 11 different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world.
• ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ is Ireland’s biggest ever tourism initiative, consisting of a year-long programme of festivals, events and gatherings in every part of the country; Tourism Ireland has an extensive programme of promotions under way to highlight ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ around the world, working closely with the ‘Gathering’ project team.