Tourism Ireland in Milan – together with Irish partners Abbey Tours and Aer Lingus – attended this year’s NoFrills travel fair in Bergamo.
The NoFrills expo is the most important B2B travel trade fair in northern Italy, attracting more than 10,000 travel agents and tour operators from around the regions of Lombardy, Veneto and Piemonte. The two-day exhibition offers an ideal platform for Irish tourism enterprises to find out about new travel trends in the Italian market and to sell directly to the influential travel agents in attendance.
Niamh Kinsella, Tourism Ireland’s manager in Italy, said: “This type of event, where we network with and talk directly to the influential travel trade from northern Italy, provides Tourism Ireland and our partners with an excellent opportunity to highlight the many great things to see and do on a holiday in Ireland – and to enthuse those travel agents about the destination for the rest of 2013 and for next year. This year’s NoFrills expo was also a very good opportunity for Tourism Ireland to introduce the Wild Atlantic Way – Ireland’s first long-distance touring route stretching all the way from Donegal to Cork – to the Italian travel trade.”
Francesca Migliori, Abbey Tours (centre) meeting with Italian travel agents at this year’s NoFrills expo in Bergamo.
Further media information:
Brian Swift, Tourism Ireland
Tel: 01-476 3425
Notes to Editors:
• Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
• Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 200,000 people.
• In 2012, 7.4 million overseas visitors came to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of approximately €3.51 billion. Overseas tourism business accounts for 59% of all tourism revenue.
• Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, currently rolling out in 11 different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world.
• ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ is Ireland’s biggest ever tourism initiative, consisting of a year-long programme of festivals, events and gatherings in every part of the country; Tourism Ireland has undertaken an extensive programme of promotions to highlight The Gathering Ireland 2013 around the world, working closely with the Gathering project team.