National Express, a major coach tour company in GB, has branded one of its coaches to promote The Gathering Ireland 2013. The coach will run from London to Dublin, helping to highlight the many festivals and events taking place right around the country this year as part of The Gathering in the all-important GB market.
Simon Gregory, Tourism Ireland’s director of markets, said: “Since last year, Tourism Ireland has been promoting The Gathering Ireland extensively around the world, targeting millions of people who have ancestral links to Ireland, or those who have an affinity for the destination and all things Irish. Millions of people in GB have links with Ireland and we are reaching out to them, encouraging them to come home for what is a truly special year.
“Great Britain is our largest and most important tourism market, delivering almost half of all our total overseas visitors. Tourism Ireland is rolling out the new ‘GB Path to Growth’ strategy, which aims to return this all-important market to sustained growth. We are targeting new groups that are receptive to the type of experience the island of Ireland can offer and raising awareness of the many things to see and do here – underpinned by a strong value message.”
Simon Gregory, Tourism Ireland’s director of markets, with Tom Stables, CEO of National Express, in front of the specially-branded ‘Gathering’ National Express coach, at the coach station in Digbeth (GB).
Further media information:
Sinéad Grace, Tourism Ireland
Tel: 087-685 9027
Notes to Editors:
• Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
• Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 200,000 people.
• In 2012, an estimated 7.27 million overseas visitors came to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of approximately €3.51 billion. Overseas tourism business accounts for 59% of all tourism revenue.
• Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, currently rolling out in 11 different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world.
• ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ is Ireland’s biggest ever tourism initiative, consisting of a year-long programme of festivals, events and gatherings in every part of the country; Tourism Ireland has an extensive programme of promotions under way to highlight ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ around the world, working closely with the ‘Gathering’ project team.