As part of its push to grow business tourism and incentive travel from the all-important US market, Tourism Ireland recently attended the Incentive Travel Exchange in Las Vegas, targeting senior representatives of companies responsible for selecting destinations and organising major international incentive events.
The Incentive Travel Exchange is a two-day networking event, with pre-arranged appointments and meetings with key decision-makers working in the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and events) sector. Marie McKown, Tourism Ireland’s manager for business tourism in the US, said: “The International Travel Exchange provided us with a very useful platform to spread the word about the superb facilities available right around the island of Ireland and to highlight what makes Ireland unique as a business and incentive travel destination, among key decision-makers working in that sector in the United States.”
Business tourism is the most lucrative form of tourism, with visitors travelling here for business purposes spending about 2.5 times more than the average visitor. Tourism Ireland’s promotional programme to grow business tourism from the United States this year includes highlighting the superb meetings, incentive and transport infrastructure on offer here, the ease of access to Ireland, as well as the good value rates available.
Further media information:
Sinéad Grace, Tourism Ireland
Tel: 087-685 9027
Notes to Editors:
• Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
• Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 200,000 people.
• In 2012, an estimated 7.27 million overseas visitors came to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of approximately €3.51 billion. Overseas tourism business accounts for 59% of all tourism revenue.
• Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, currently rolling out in 11 different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world.
• ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ is Ireland’s biggest ever tourism initiative, consisting of a year-long programme of festivals, events and gatherings in every part of the country; Tourism Ireland has an extensive programme of promotions under way to highlight ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ around the world, working closely with the ‘Gathering’ project team.