Angling and outdoor activity specialists from around the island of Ireland travelled to England recently, to join Tourism Ireland at this year’s CLA (Country Land Association) Game Fair.
Widely accepted as one of the world’s greatest celebrations of country life and pursuits, the 2013 CLA fair took place at Ragley Hall in Warwickshire, in the heart of England. Almost 130,000 visitors attended the three-day event, providing an excellent platform to promote the island of Ireland and our superb angling and outdoor activities to a wide audience of country sports enthusiasts and countryside lovers.
Margaret Mellor, Tourism Ireland GB, said: “Great Britain is the largest source of overseas visitors to the island of Ireland and Tourism Ireland has an extensive promotional programme under way throughout 2013; fishing is just one of the activities we are promoting, highlighting Ireland as a fantastic fishing and holiday destination.”
Ian Fish, Longueville House, Mallow; Linda Wood, South West Walks Ireland; and John Butler, Longueville House, at the CLA Game Fair in Ragley Hall in Warwickshire.
Further media information:
Sinéad Grace, Tourism Ireland
Tel: 087-685 9027
Notes to Editors:
• Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
• Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 200,000 people.
• In 2012, an estimated 7.27 million overseas visitors came to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of approximately €3.51 billion. Overseas tourism business accounts for 59% of all tourism revenue.
• Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, currently rolling out in 11 different language versions for over 30 individual markets around the world.
• ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ is Ireland’s biggest ever tourism initiative, consisting of a year-long programme of festivals, events and gatherings in every part of the country; Tourism Ireland has an extensive programme of promotions under way to highlight ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ around the world, working closely with the ‘Gathering’ project team.