Connemara has been highlighted in Tourism Ireland’s brand new global advertising campaign ‘Jump into Ireland’. Tourism Ireland has kicked off 2012 with the roll-out of the new campaign to promote the island of Ireland overseas over the next three years. Footage for one of the new TV ads was shot at Glassilaun beach near Renvyle.
The campaign has gone live on television in Great Britain, our largest and most important tourism market, on channels including ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky 1 and satellite channels. The new ads will also appear on TV in France and Germany; in cinemas in GB and the US, Spain and Italy; on outdoor sites in GB; and online in the other 22 markets in which Tourism Ireland has a presence to an estimated audience of 200 million potential visitors worldwide.
The soundtrack for the TV ads is taken from the latest album, Fallen Empires, by Co Down band Snow Patrol. The tagline for the new campaign – ‘Jump into Ireland’ – is designed to convey a sense of playfulness and to reflect the immersive nature of a holiday here with iconic experiences and warm, friendly people.
Niall Gibbons, chief executive of Tourism Ireland, said: “This new global campaign has been designed to help us build on the return to growth achieved last year, when overseas tourism to the island of Ireland grew from all main markets and grew ahead of our competitors, regaining market share. While there is no doubt that recent economic turmoil has brought increased uncertainty, affecting business and consumer confidence in markets overseas, the overall outlook for travel and tourism remains positive. We are targeting further growth in 2012 and in the years ahead and our goal is to welcome over 9 million overseas visitors to the island by 2015, exceeding the record year for tourism of 2007. The new campaign will play a major role in this effort as part of an extensive overseas marketing programme.”
To view the ad, visit http://www.tourismireland.com/Home/Our_Marketing_Overseas/TV-Advertising/TV-Advertising-2012.aspx
Further media information:
Sinéad Grace, Tourism Ireland
t: 087-685 9027
Notes to editors:
• The new Tourism Ireland campaign has been developed to be flexible and adaptable and will evolve over its three-year lifespan to reflect a range of locations and iconic experiences on offer across the island.
• The new TV campaign was shot on location on the island of Ireland by the award-winning commercial and music video director Daniel Wolfe, and Irish cinematographer Robbie Ryan, who worked most recently on the feature film Wuthering Heights.
• The island of Ireland ranks high among the top destinations that consumers in our four largest tourism markets would like to visit (GB, US, France and Germany together deliver almost 75% of all overseas visitors). The most recent Anholt-GfK Nation Brands Index (NBI 2011) shows that Ireland ranks 7th (out of 50 countries) as an aspirational destination in the US and France; we rank 9th in Britain and 11th in Germany.
• The World Economic Forum ranks Ireland 10th in the world – out of 140 countries – for tourism marketing and branding effectiveness.
• 2012 will be an exciting year for tourism, with major events like the grand finale of the Volvo Ocean Race taking place in Galway and the annual Notre Dame-Navy American football game coming to Dublin’s Aviva Stadium. In the second half of the year, Tourism Ireland will promote The Gathering 2013 to the 70 million people across the world who feel linked by family, friends or otherwise with Ireland.