To maximise exposure for Northern Ireland and the ‘Experience Northern Ireland – Titanic and More’ showcase which takes place 24-29 September in New York’s iconic Grand Central Terminal, Tourism Ireland has put in place a major promotional campaign, which will reach over 20 million potential holidaymakers in the New York and tri-state area. The campaign highlights Northern Ireland as a fantastic holiday destination and is running on TV and radio, in print and on key websites. Tourism Ireland’s 25,000 Facebook fans are also helping to spread the message.
This is in addition to the expected 500,000 commuters and visitors to New York who will visit the exhibition in the coming week and experience at first-hand some of the best that Northern Ireland tourism has to offer – through a packed schedule of events featuring top Northern Ireland performers from the worlds of theatre, music and dance who will transport visitors across the Atlantic to Northern Ireland. The ‘EXPERIENCE NORTHERN IRELAND – TITANIC & MORE’ showcase has been organised by Tourism Ireland in association with National Museums Northern Ireland, the Northern Ireland Tourist Board and Belfast Visitor & Convention Bureau.
Joe Byrne, Tourism Ireland’s Executive Vice President United States and Canada, said: “Our promotional campaign aims to increase awareness of Titanic’s Belfast connections and the maritime history of the city and to encourage Americans to come and see where the whole Titanic story began. There is huge interest in Titanic and we want to remind potential holidaymakers about the ship’s connection with Belfast and Northern Ireland.
“The US is a key tourism market for Northern Ireland and this promotion will keep Northern Ireland in the spotlight, highlighting it as a premier holiday destination. In the current difficult climate, it is more important than ever to keep Northern Ireland high on the list of places that people want to visit.”
Highlights of the promotional campaign include:
• TV Ads: 30-second Northern Ireland adverts are airing on NBC during the popular Weekend Today Show, highlighting the ‘Experience Northern Ireland – Titanic and More’ showcase event in Grand Central Terminal;
• Radio Ads: 30-second Northern Ireland ads can be heard on 1010 WINS, WOR and WCBS;
• Print Ads: promotions are running in publications like AM NEW YORK, Time Out magazine and Irish Echo including front-page sticker placements, ads, features, cover wrap-arounds and including a street-team promotion;
• Online Ads: ads are running on TimeOut.com, irishcentral.com and on Weather.com;
• Social Media: social media is being utilised with a Northern Ireland promotion on Facebook, posts and updates on the event, as well as a competition inviting submissions on peoples’ favourite Van Morrison song, to grow awareness of the new Belfast Music App and the music of Northern Ireland;
• Website: a prominent Northern Ireland display is on the home page of Tourism Ireland’s website – Discoverireland.com right now, linking to a special landing page with the full schedule of events during the week.
Clair Balmer/ Elaine Moore, Tourism Ireland
Tel: 028 7035 9260 Mobile: 07766 527719
Note to Editors:
The ‘EXPERIENCE NORTHERN IRELAND - TITANIC & MORE’ exhibition takes place 24-29 September in the Vanderbilt Hall of Grand Central Terminal in New York.
STRATEGIC PARTNERS are:
• National Museums Northern Ireland
• Northern Ireland Tourist Board
• Belfast Visitor & Convention Bureau
• Belfast International Airport
• Continental Airlines
• Ben Glover
• Anthony Toner
• Peter Corry
• Blue Eagle Productions/ Fair Faa Ye
• The McPeake Family
• Liz Weir
INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVES include:
• Ballydougan Mill
• National Trust
• Causeway Coast & Glens
• Derry City Tours
• Titanic Tours
• Share Centre
• Federation of Private Transport Operators
• Hastings Hotels
• Hilden Brewery
• B&B Ireland
• Manor House Hotels
• Ulsterbus Tours
• Drenagh Farms